Position: Clinical Psychologist
Organisation: MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
Project: Europe Migration
Project: Victims of Torture
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: Initial 2 month contract (high possibility of indefinite extension
Working hours: Full-Time (40 hrs. / 5 days a week)
Hierarchical Supervisor: Project Medical Referent
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Background of the Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has been providing medical and humanitarian assistance to migrants and refugees worldwide. Since October 2014 MSF provides support to migrants and refugees who have suffered torture and other forms of ill-treatment. Our aim is to offer integrated rehabilitation services, including medical care, physiotherapy, and psychosocial support to survivors of torture and ill-treatment. In particular for survivors of torture, MSF works in close collaboration with the Prometheus II project, implemented by the Greek Council for Refugees and BABEL Day Center.
Main purpose of the Position:
Provides psychological support to patients according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve patients’ mental health.
- Carries out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients, elaborate a diagnosis and establish a plan of treatment.
- Diagnoses any psychological or psychiatric disorder and if necessary, refers the patient to the cooperating psychiatrist in order to receive drug treatment.
- Provides psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions.
- Refers patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment.
- Assists and trains staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Works in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure that appropriate terminology and behaviour are used during sessions.
- Informs the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Participates in the planning, organization and coordination of mental health activities, in close collaboration with the mental health local partner, and other medical team members.
- Collects statistics and monitors data about mental health activities.
- Undertakes ongoing trainings in order to optimize the quality of care and build up knowledge and capacity for the identification and rehabilitation of VoTs.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team of professionals addressing individual patient needs in a holistic manner.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Clinical Psychology.
- License to practice in Greece.
- Languages: Greek and English essential, French is an asset.
- Experience: 2 year professional experience minimum as a clinical psychologist or in clinical work.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Work experience with vulnerable populations and victims of violence.
- Teamwork, cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, behavioral flexibility.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "PSY" in the subject line of the e-mail at: [To send your CV, pleases click here.]
Closing date: 23.01.2017
Αναγνώσεις άρθρου: 1033
Είστε ειδικός Ψυχικής Υγείας;
Εμπιστευθείτε στο E-Psychology, τη διαδικτυακή σας παρουσία και προβολή! Δείτε αναλυτικά
Εγγραφή στο Newsletter
15νθημερο Newsletter για να λαμβάνετε στο mail σας τα νέα άρθρα, αλλά και ενημέρωση για επερχόμενα σεμινάρια, βιβλία ψυχολογίας, θέσεις εργασίας κ.α.